ABOUT THE COMPETITION
WindsBand Ghana Foundation is seeking original music written by Teachers and Student composers for featured performance in the Young Composers Concert. Teachers and Students are invited to submit original compositions for possible inclusion in the concert. Students in secondary schools, colleges, and graduate schools are eligible to submit compositions. Up to ten selected composers will receive cash awards. All entrants will receive written evaluations of their compositions.
HOW TO APPLY
- Click the APPLY NOW button below to send an initial application
- You will be contacted on guidelines to submit your score
- After submission, you will be notified on the various adjudication and awards dates
- You can use the contact form on the Contact Us page to make further inquiries.
- All students and teachers
- Age Limits: Students (18 – 30 Years); Teachers (25 – 40 Years)
- The composition should be written any style and in last three years.
- The composition must be unpublished, and must not have been awarded in any other contest prizes.
- Each candidate is allowed to offer only one piece for the competition and should not enter for the competition with others’ name.
- Application Deadline : 30th May, 2019
- Score Submission Deadline : 15th June, 2019
- Competition Timeline : June – August, 2019
- Grand Finale : 17th August, 2019
- During the selection of the competition, any price-winning composition could be published and played permanently by the sponsors
- Please write your name on the composition score, otherwise the candidate cannot enter for the selecting procedure.
- The entry form is enclosed (copy is available), which should be posted after being filled out with the record and copies of the composition score